- Beklager. Denne hendelse har allerede funnet sted.
Children’s literature summer school and scholarships
20. november 2018
the information for next year’s Children’s Literature Summer School at the University of Antwerp is now available online: https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/summer-schools/childrens-literature. We would be grateful if you could share this information with colleagues and students who may be interested in applying. Registration opens on 15 November 2018.
The Children’s Literature Summer School runs from 1 to 5 July 2019. It offers plenary lectures, workshops, seminar walks and excursions related to four thematic strands: comics, diversity, fairy tales and fantasy. Confirmed speakers include Maaheen Ahmed, Cristina Bacchilega, Julia Benner, Ada Bieber, Bambi Ceuppens, Vanessa Joosen, Michelle Martin, Philip Nel, Maria Nikolajeva, Stijn Praet, Karen Sands-O’Connor, Véronique Sina, Joe Sutliff Sanders, Sara Van Den Bossche, Helma van Lierop-Debrauwer and Karin Westman.
The summer school is mainly targeted at MA and PhD students, but also open to more senior researchers and professionals with an interest in children’s literature studies. Last year, students from over 20 different countries took part. All PhD students get the opportunity to present their research and get feedback from tutors and participants. Students can register to earn 3 or 6 ECTs.
This year, we also offer three scholarships for PhD students who do not have funding to cover the registration fee. The scholarships (worth 500 euro each) will cover registration and catering during the summer school. Applicants are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com before 20 November 2018. The motivation letter should include the following information:
- PhD title, the programme you are registered for, your supervisor and expected completion date
- The thematic strand that you want register for and how it relates to your research
- Your motivation for attending this summer school (300 words)
- An abstract for a 20-minute presentation on your PhD during the summer school (300 words)
- Why should we support your participation? Have you had any opportunity to study or travel abroad before? Does your university or college provide financial support for education abroad (for example by providing travel grants to participate in summer schools)? Will you apply for other funding?
- Contact details for 2 college or university teachers who would be willing to endorse your application.
Selected participants will receive notice before 5 December.